Re: PHYS-L Needs New Owner and New Home!

LUDWIK KOWALSKI wrote:

The only suggestion which comes to my mind is to improve the archiving
component. It would be nice to be able to select what is wanted, for
example, only messages from 12/7/98 to 15/7/98, or only mesagese on the
specified subject, or only messages from a given author, or any
combination of the above. Am I day dreaming?

Not at all. The Revised Listserv program we used for years had a fully
developed database capability which was a delight to use. That
capability was the biggest loss we sustained when we moved to Listproc,
at least in my opinion. The reason we moved, of course, was that
Listserv went private and started charging license fees which my school
was unwilling/unable to pay. If our new host is at a school which
already has a licensed copy of Revised Listserv running, then phys-l
gets a free ride and a return to those database capabilities.

--
Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193