Re: PHYS-L Needs New Owner and New Home!

I have no glass of Chianti in my hand but I do join in the enthusiastic
word of praise and thanks to Dick Smith.

I am Voting for the list server. Dick will probably have couple of
suggestions for what can be done to take advantage of new technology.

The only suggestion which comes to my mind is to improve the archiving
component. It would be nice to be able to select what is wanted, for
example, only messages from 12/7/98 to 15/7/98, or only mesagese on the
specified subject, or only messages from a given author, or any
combination of the above. Am I day dreaming?

The present archiving is only all or nothing, for any specified month.
I know that one can have a local program to search the downloaded month
but I do not have one. Searching "by hand" is not convenient.

Physical reality does not have to agree with our ideas. But in physics
our ideas should agree with that reality.

Ludwik Kowalski
kowalskiL@alpha.montclair.edu, Math. Sci. at MSU in New Jersey