Re: PHYS-L Needs New Owner and New Home!

Hi,

I have had some very preliminary discussions with our system op about
taking over the PHYS-L list. He is the one who would have to make it work,
but is not the power to approve it. He had several questions:

First to Dick Smith:

1. How many people on the list?

2. Average number of messages per day? (My guess is 20 )

3. How is SPAM controlled?

4. Anything else my Sys Op needs to know about the list?

Before I try to sell this to my bosses, I want to check the
fundamental makeup of this list. ( This is useful to know in selling this as
an outreach activity.) My observation from the messages is that the list is
an even mix of college/university people and high school people.

If we do take over managing this list, we probably would start with
it as just a mailing list and late add the WEB based archive.

Thanks
Roger Haar