Re: Overhead View Screens

Another potential alternative, for just a bit more, is to buy a
_really_ big monitor. Gateway has recently begun selling the 31"
monitor that comes with their Destination system as a separate item
for about $1700. The resolution is not the highest (mine goes to
800x600) but it supports standard VGA modes as well as TV signals.
These are great in a small to medium size classroom. I use mine
nearly every day.

Mainly I purchased it because for the price of a projector I could
get a big screen and a computer too but now they sell the screen
separately for those who already have a computer.

To take advantage of the suggestions requiring 8-10 K or even 3-4 K dollars,
I hope my neighbor to the south has an oil well. If I had requested such a
projector on my "wish list", I'd have been advised to "dream on!"

Although it is a seriously deficient system, my students can view the
graphics and pictures at websites and utilize software like IP2 using L*TV
Portable Pro from FOCUS Enhancements. For about $300 I send images from our
computer to a large TV monitor . Admittedly, text is very difficult to read
from a distance. But for now at least, it is better than having 25 students
gather around a single computer monitor.

Rosaline

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227