Re: Overhead View Screens

I agree with that assessment on the DLP projectors since we have one
here (a Proxima) and I can testify that the image is stunning and
doesn't have the refresh problems associated with LCDs. I would add
that as the yield of DLP chips from TI has improved, the prices have
dropped rapidly. Now there is no significant difference between a DLP
and an LCD panel (except the image, of course).

Having said all this, the only really satisfactory projection
solution for me is a very expensive, very bright reflection-based
DLP projector (as opposed to LCD transmission) that give a
knock-your-eyes-out bright image so that you don't have to dim the
room. A darkened room is death to effective teaching.

These things are in the 8 to 10k range, I believe.

JEG

--
John E. Gastineau

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227