Re: Overhead View Screens

Dan MacIsaac wrote:
I diasagree. I agree that LCD panels are to avoided and LCD projectors
are better. Projection TVs (3 guns) are even better & cost more but have
poor definition because of the restricted # of scan lines.

Dan M
We have so-called mediated classrooms. Some have large screen TV monitors
and others have three gun projection TV's. Basically, the large screen TV
monitors are in the classrooms that are used for off-campus interactive TV
classes. Additionally, the Media center has at least one Epson LCD projector
which can be checked out for use in classrooms that are lacking the media
equipment. Dan is correct. The TV monitors are much brighter and sharper
than our three gun projection TV's. These cost a fortune and are only two
years old. The little Epson is by far and away my choice. The zoom lens can
fill the largest screen in our largest lecture hall with an incredably
bright, sharp image. It is so bright that the room lights can almost be left
on. It works best, though, when the room lights are dimmed or killed. I have
used in in a lecture room with windows and found it highly satisfactory with
the venetian blinds (not black-out curtains) drawn. Paul Camp has even
mentioned systems projecting still brighter images.

My point for responding is that I am very unhappy with the contrast,
brightness and definition produced by our very expensive three gun, three
lens projection units.

Roger Pruitt