Re: [Phys-L] physics and potatoes

light hearted follow-up... just for fun: There used to be a popular restaurant on the way to Atlantic City that served hundreds if not thousands of travelers to and from the shore every weekend. We would literally wait for well over an hour for seats in a place that seated several hundred people at a time. The food was pretty good as well. They were known for their steaks and chops. They always served their potatoes in foil which I loved with a delicious porterhouse and salad. I am guessing it was because they served so many of these dinners so they had to cook the potatoes quickly and keep them warm. Mass production? Maybe that is the reason for the foil. When you were returning tired and sunburned from a long day at the beach you didn't care if they followed proper culinary rules.