Re: [Phys-L] physics and potatoes

Here's Hewitt's answer from the Instructor's Manual:

The main reason for _SERVING_ potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil
is to increase the time that the potatoes remain hot after being
removed from the oven. ...
[Emphasis added]

I suspect that the top post in this thread got everyone heading off in the wrong direction (or maybe Hewitt is confusing himself).

The solution is about SERVING potatoes, not BAKING them. If Hewitt is answering a different question than he himself asked, then he was DOUBLY confusing. If Anthony was mis-remembering ("I saw a question in Hewitt about why potatoes are wrapped in foil for _BAKING_".), then all of a sudden Hewitt seems considerably more intelligent. (I don't have the book to check.)

Tim