Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

On 2012, Jul 11, , at 16:19, Paul Lulai wrote:

If I walk to work do I still have to pay taxes for roads?
If I live in a gated community with its own security, do I still have to pay taxes for police?
Should they all get vouchers? I hope not.

Just like how the people in the above situations still benefit from taxes paid for police & the dept of transportation, so do they benefit from public education. It may not be through direct interaction, but the benefit is there.

You forgot to mention "forced" immunizations, health laws (e.g. NY's drinks ban), meat inspection (vegetarians could object).

Smoking would be a felony if it weren't for the tobacco industry.

bc, again: We regard it as a wise and liberal system of police, by which property, and life, and the peace of society are secured."
Education, Daniel Webster 1782

Paul Lulai
St Anthony Village Senior High