Re: [Phys-l] Amplitude in E&M

On 2011, Sep 19, , at 18:49, brian whatcott wrote:

We suppose that an electromagnetic wave cycles magnetic and electric
components (though I hear it is considered improper to represent this
wave as cycling between modes, for some reason that escapes me)

Cycling tends to imply an out of phase relationship?

except at shallow glancing
angles, where the relevant interactions have enough proximity to provide
some reflection.

This increased reflection is optically predicted by the Fresnel eqs. Does glancing angle result in apparently greater density of electrons for the gammas?.

bc used a grazing incidence grating (monochrometer) in his UV research.