Re: [Phys-l] About Radium

Dear Chuck and list folks,

Greg Puskar at WVU sent this on to me, and it turns out I'm working on
Rutherford right now for a new web exhibit we are mounting at the Center
for History of Physics at AIP. Radioactive materials generally were not
easy to come by in 1910, but they were available for purchase. There
were only a handful of suppliers. Rutherford received his as a "grant"
or loan from the Vienna Academy. There was a man in Germany who was
selling a particular product which escapes me right now. And I'm on the
road so I can't look it up. However, I will get you more specific info
next week when I am reunited with my notes.

Greg Good

Gregory A. Good, Ph.D., Director
Center for History of Physics, AIP
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740
Twitter @GeoDynamo
Yahoo Group: hist-mod-phys
Facebook Page "The New Atlanteans"
chuck britton 04/07/11 5:37 AM >>>
An historical question has come my way and I pass
it on - in case anyone here has something to share

Thanks.