[Phys-l] apps for physics

Recently, I got a new toy...errrr...tool, an ipod touch (4G). I was looking at the app store searching for physics related apps. I was wondering what do some of you, who have it, have on their ipods? Are there any apps you would recommend that may be beneficial for my physics classes (free apps are preferred)?

I did download a bubble level app that also gives a digital readout of the angle (supposedly accurate to 0.1 degree). By possibly attaching a straw, to look through, on the long side of the ipod or attaching a laser pointer, I could use it as a clinometer/sextant.

In a couple of weeks, I'm taking my physics students to a local ski resort to explore the various physics of tubing. The students will be using the "traditional" methods and instruments to measure the various aspects of tubing. I would like to test the potential of incorporating the ipod into the lab. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a great day!
Dwight Souder
Crestview HS
Ashland, OH