Re: [Phys-l] Earth's magnetic field

It's revealing to look first at the end of the Fox article, where they offhandedly mention the flipping of the Earth's field, and then at the end of the Yahoo article. Yahoo mentions the flipping of the field (which really was a throwaway in the Fox article) and then says that if that were to happen, then bigger changes than changing the labeling of runways might take place! What, new colors also? It's no wonder there are so many wrong ideas propagated by news outlets.

Bill