Re: [Phys-l] Gamma-Gamma Coincidence

I read I have a bit to learn. The reason I thought emison above 100 keV would be weak was I thought if the absorption edge (K) was only about 111 keV that would require a transition from the "vacuum" to a 1s vacancy. I didn't know that the energy from an M to K would be so great. Also my table doesn't include Z > 92 for Ka1, Ka2, or Kb1.

http://www.med.harvard.edu/JPNM/physics/refs/xrayemis.html

http://www.iupac.org/publications/analytical_compendium/Cha10sec348.pdf

bc