Re: [Phys-l] American History; was Academic Familiarity Breeds Discomfort?

At 02:26 AM 7/27/2008, bc, you wrote:

After some description of the Natives and the cruelty of the
Spaniards -- all quoting Casas, he [JU - bw] quotes
(i.e. it 's not Zinn, as claimed by the reviewer [JU - bw], )
writing the "... two years after ...", but Zinn quoting Casas.

If one wishes to discuss scholarship, I [BC - bw] would discuss the scholarship of the reviewer [JU - bw] who, evidently, can't
distinguish type size and quotation marks, but that would
be tu quoque.

There's a question in my mind: whether the charge which bc
brings is properly called tu quoque, or if it would rather
be called ipsedixitism.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!