Re: [Phys-l] Pedagogy & development

I recognized the careful wording on John's part (see below.) My
wording, I hope, was equally careful. The people who pay the paycheck
are mostly demanding good teaching as more or less operationally defined
by "SETS", ipso facto that is good teaching; which is defined to imply
good learning outcomes. So the reward structure that is in place seems
to demand . . .