[Phys-L] Re: ID defenders

At 12:01 AM 8/25/2005, Hugh H., you wrote:
///
Not being a paleontologist, I cannot speak with any great authority
///
I cannot specify the
specific evidence that they would cite, but certainly the relative
ages of the layers in which the bones were found are relevant, and
the radioactive dating is really a pretty good clock, and it is
entirely consistent with the evidence of the geologic strata--that
is, we do not find relative geologic ages and radioactive ages to be
inconsistent.
///
Hugh

Forgive me for pointing it out: but the fact that Hugh is willing to
believe in perceived features of science fields outside his area
of expertise, and, for example, believe that the stratigraphic
evidence is always clear-cut, places him on the same plane as the IDists,
and subject to the same discreditation, when someone turns up
the instances of stratigraphic reversal, which not surprisingly
result from severe folding and/or erosion.

Here, the temporal progression with layers is, surprise, surprise,
reversed. In a word, over simplify the evidence to a just-so story,
at your own risk!

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!