Re: A Bio And A Movie: Nash.

At 21:36 -0500 10/12/02, John Clement wrote:

The DVD version is worth renting or owning as it has interviews with Nash
and with the movie creator.

As long as we're on the subject of fiction or fictional presentations
about scientists and science and mathematics, There are gobs of
things out there. Lots of stage plays, some have been staged, most
have not. Lots of them unpublished but available. We all know about
Copenhagen and QED, but that's just the very tippy top of the iceberg.

For the past year or so, I have been accumulating a data base of
Plays, films, novels, etc., about science and mathematics. So far my
list is up to 160+ items, including musicals (e.g., Fermat's Last
Tango), operas, plays, films novels, audiotapes, and a few
miscellaneous categories. The list goes back a while, to GBS and
others of that era, but most of the work I have found is post-war and
a lot of it is within the past 10 years. If anyone is interested in
seeing a copy of the database, e-mail me off list and I will send you
an Excel copy. I would also be interested in hearing of any
science-based work (not science-fiction, but fiction or performance
art of any type *about* science) in any medium, that anyone knows of
that isn't already on my list. Contact me off-list about this.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>