Re: [Phys-L] neutrons

In the case of detecting proton spin precession of water, it is desirable to provide 120 dB  plus of voltage gain with low noise contribution. I hardly think that neutron spin relaxation is any less demanding.  Accordingly I expect diode detection of the alternating signal is unlikely to succeed.

[b c] Since I’m an experimentalist, not theory, I thought I’d  attach a bar magnet to a vibrator (I have a powerful one for preparing [registering?] paper for binding) and use a loop antenna, diode, and my Keithley.  However, I think the second part of this

http://www.physics.sfsu.edu/~lea/courses/ugrad/460notes5.PDF ;<http://www.physics.sfsu.edu/~lea/courses/ugrad/460notes5.PDF>  does all.