From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org> On Behalf Of Zeev Wurman via Phys-l
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 10:00 AM
To: Phys-L@phys-l.org
Cc: Zeev Wurman <zeev@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] media trustworthiness, or lack thereof (was VSL)

"Any legit story will be carried by
reputable sources, so there is never any need to cite disreputable sources."

Right. Like the Hunter Biden story until Nov 3.

Zeev

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021, 3:11 AM John Denker via Phys-l <phys-l@mail.phys-l.org>
wrote:

On 2/8/21 3:20 AM, Daniel MacIsaac via Phys-l wrote:

Epoch Times is a Far Right / Falun Gong propaganda organ, see
Wikipedia
page on it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Yeah.

More generally, my policy is to not post, forward, quote, or even "like"
a story unless I can verify it.

A good starting point is:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

I shun anything with a factual score less than "high". Even if the
MBFC score is "mostly" factual I stay away. Any legit story will be
carried by reputable sources, so there is never any need to cite disreputable sources.

Today's case is notorious:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

«Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based
on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda
and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.»