Re: [Phys-L] media trustworthiness, or lack thereof (was VSL)

On 2/8/21 3:20 AM, Daniel MacIsaac via Phys-l wrote:

Epoch Times is a Far Right / Falun Gong propaganda organ, see Wikipedia page on it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Yeah.

More generally, my policy is to not post, forward, quote, or even "like"
a story unless I can verify it.

A good starting point is:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

I shun anything with a factual score less than "high". Even if the MBFC
score is "mostly" factual I stay away. Any legit story will be carried by
reputable sources, so there is never any need to cite disreputable sources.

Today's case is notorious:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

«Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.»