Re: [Phys-L] On Line Tutoring

Ron, I bought a high quality 4k deskcam and use colored pens on a paper pad for this part of online teaching. Very happy with it for stand-and-deliver stuff, demonstrating how to work problems etc. much better than any pads I tried. Then pdfs for a record.

Trouble is I’m not happy with that kind of instructional experience for my students and haven’t a solution I like for online group discourse. shared google slides in breakout rooms is best I can do there. There is an online virtual environment called Mural that seems pretty good at online group instruction but costly.

Dr. Dan MacIsaac, Professor of Physics & AAPT Fellow
Editor STANYS Science Teachers Bulletin
SUNY-Buffalo State College, SAMC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo
NY 14222 +1-716-878-3802 (vm) <macisadl@buffalostate.edu>