Re: [Phys-L] half life fundamental principles

John,

Working to get better timestamped data. It looks like I can easily get 20
second bins. Towards the end that will give us a few empty bins.

You mentioned that Poisson distributions need to be added together in a
weighted way to get a Poisson distribution out. That's not quite right if
I understand what you said. It's literally true that:

P(x) + P(y) = P(x + y)

Paul

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 7:23 PM John Denker via Phys-l <