Re: [Phys-L] Survey of Physics; how to do the reading; learning + memory + thinking

On 7/26/20 9:14 PM, Timothy Folkerts via Phys-l wrote:

One approach I have tried to get students to read the text is to have
them write down a sentence about 3 things they already knew 3 things
they learned 3 things that are confusing (or fascinating). These then
serve as a starting point for class discussions.

That sounds like essentially the right idea, as discussed below.....