Re: [Phys-L] Survey of Physics; Hewitt, or not

John Denker says: " Physics concepts start out like a pile of loose
bricks. "

That reminds me of a quote I have seen and often present to students in
such a class. "Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of
stones; but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of
stones is a house" Henri Poincare.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 6:13 PM John Denker via Phys-l <