Re: [Phys-L] Coronavirus, Most Vulnerable Demographic

That's the kind of thing that happens with hobbyhorses.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM Anthony Lapinski <alapinski@pds.org> wrote:

Why is this being discussed again???

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 3:58 PM brian whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

On 4/10/2020 9:05 AM, Bill Norwood via Phys-l wrote:
Hi Phy-L folks,

10 Apr 2020, about 345 words

It’s been four days since my Apr 6 posting about the coronavirus.

I have been seeing Phys-L folks in various states of frustration and
panic as they variably demonstrate their mastery of statistics in an
attempt to gain an unassailable understanding of this phenomenon.

But, aren’t we kind of slow in realizing that the deaths in the most
vulnerable population are inescapably correlated with the higher death
rates for MALES reported worldwide?

Here, since it could have been offensive to some, I have enhanced the
item that I had at first posted on Phys-L about 2-1/2 weeks ago:

A. By searching <gays’ coronavirus vulnerability> and <gays’ alcohol
abuse incidence CDC> and reading some of the hits I have learned that
gays
have an enlarged set of immune-system-compromising vulnerabilities,
because
a disproportionate number of them:
1. smoke (This is a biggie because covid-19 is a fast-working
respiratory illness.)
2. drink more alcohol than average.
3. have already tested positive for AIDS.
4. are already infected with syphilis, gonorrhea etc.
5. are in poor states of health.
6. cannot live with just one sexual partner.

B. I believe that the world-wide reports of higher death rates for men
point to this vulnerability. Because of the sum of these conditions, may
suggest the following THOUGHTS for persons who have a) ALREADY been
dysphoric/conflicted/fearful about their lifestyle, and b) have ALREADY
been considering change:
1. The present virus hazard fallout environment, having removed
the
arguable sustainability of a lifestyle, might be ideal for enabling one
actually set aside that lifestyle.
2. After that one could with concerted effort put together a
robust
support system, then go for a year or more, plunging headlong, almost
obsessively, into a celebrate, holistically-driven campaign to optimize
health.
3. I believe that this might not only save one’s life, but would
also take him to a place from which safer, less conflicted, and more
rewarding, choices could be made.

Best Wishes for Best Health!

Bill Norwood
Physics apparatus 1970-2018

Sent from my iPhone
Bill, it seems you believe that being homosexual is a male phenomenon?
Gay folks come in male and female flavors, I understand.

Brian W

<http://www.pds.org>
<https://www.facebook.com/princetondayschool>
<https://twitter.com/PDSPanthers>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVE-nTva0BlK0rT6vayqpIQ>
<https://www.instagram.com/princetondayschool/>

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:*
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for
the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and
destroy any copies of this information.

Please consider the environment
before printing this email.