|Chronology||Current Month||Current Thread||Current Date|
|[Year List] [Month List (current year)]||[Date Index] [Thread Index]||[Thread Prev] [Thread Next]||[Date Prev] [Date Next]|
Hi Phy-L folks,Bill, it seems you believe that being homosexual is a male phenomenon? Gay folks come in male and female flavors, I understand.
10 Apr 2020, about 345 words
It’s been four days since my Apr 6 posting about the coronavirus.
I have been seeing Phys-L folks in various states of frustration and panic as they variably demonstrate their mastery of statistics in an attempt to gain an unassailable understanding of this phenomenon.
But, aren’t we kind of slow in realizing that the deaths in the most vulnerable population are inescapably correlated with the higher death rates for MALES reported worldwide?
Here, since it could have been offensive to some, I have enhanced the item that I had at first posted on Phys-L about 2-1/2 weeks ago:
A. By searching <gays’ coronavirus vulnerability> and <gays’ alcohol abuse incidence CDC> and reading some of the hits I have learned that gays have an enlarged set of immune-system-compromising vulnerabilities, because a disproportionate number of them:
1. smoke (This is a biggie because covid-19 is a fast-working respiratory illness.)
2. drink more alcohol than average.
3. have already tested positive for AIDS.
4. are already infected with syphilis, gonorrhea etc.
5. are in poor states of health.
6. cannot live with just one sexual partner.
B. I believe that the world-wide reports of higher death rates for men point to this vulnerability. Because of the sum of these conditions, may I suggest the following THOUGHTS for persons who have a) ALREADY been dysphoric/conflicted/fearful about their lifestyle, and b) have ALREADY been considering change:
1. The present virus hazard fallout environment, having removed the arguable sustainability of a lifestyle, might be ideal for enabling one to actually set aside that lifestyle.
2. After that one could with concerted effort put together a robust support system, then go for a year or more, plunging headlong, almost obsessively, into a celebrate, holistically-driven campaign to optimize health.
3. I believe that this might not only save one’s life, but would also take him to a place from which safer, less conflicted, and more rewarding, choices could be made.
Best Wishes for Best Health!
Physics apparatus 1970-2018
Sent from my iPhone
Forum for Physics Educators