Re: [Phys-L] Phys-L: Test message after email-validation changes

Thanks to Mark Kimball (and John Denker) for improving the anti-spam
capabilities of the Phys-L server.

Yesterday Mark wrote:

"There is nothing that phys-l.org can do directly to prevent bogus mail to
individuals, pretending to come from another individual. Y'all have to
arrange your own defenses for this.
We can discuss methods if anybody wants."

I would like to find out about methods to prevent bogus mail. I run
up-to-date versions of Windows 10, Internet Explorer, and Outlook. Use
up-to-date antivirus, anti-spyware software (McAfee) and anti-malware
(Malwarebytes). Are these enough, or what else would be useful?

Don
Dr. Donald Polvani
Adjunct Faculty, Physics, Retired
Anne Arundel Community College