[Phys-L] Phys-L: Test message after email-validation changes

Greetings,

As anticipated in a message posted to Phys-L yesterday, this message comes
after the Sender Policy Framework record for the IP address associated with
the Phys-L server has been changed.

The change enacts a policy that states the legitimate source of mail from
Phys-L comes from a particular IP address. All other sources are stated to
be unauthorized to send mail with Phys-L.org in the "From: " line. This
adds another technique to our anti-spam system. The intent is to cut the
probability that someone from outside the phys-l.org domain may spoof the
"From: " line in a message and have it appear to come from Phys-L. Of
course, this relies upon the expectation that all mail exchangers between
Phys-L and you check and respect this policy.

If you receive this message in your inbox, then your mail chain agrees with
this change. If you don't receive this message directly -- perhaps you see
it in the Phys-L archives but not your inbox -- then we need to look into
why it was not passed to you. Therefore, if you stop seeing Phys-L messages
starting today, please reply to me OFF LIST so we can begin to diagnose the
problem.

Sincerely,
Mark Kimball, Administrator
Phys-L.org