Re: [Phys-L] Noether's theorem

On 2016, Aug 19, , at 17:55, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

On 08/19/2016 05:40 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

No mention in Feynman et alii, Berkeley Physics, and Eisberg and
Lerner. (in their indices)

Feynman is known for always emphasizing the /meaning/, often at
the expense of the names.

If you study those books, you will understand the basic idea
of Noether's theorem, even if you don't know the name.

See e.g.
Volume I Chatper 52 "Symmetry in Physical Laws"
especially section 52–3
Volume III Chapter 17 "Symmetry and Conservation Laws"