Re: [Phys-L] inertia and the tablecloth demo

My twist on this has been to get a volunteer to come up and place a hand palm up flat on the table. I then drop a small rubber ball into their hand from about a foot above. THEN...hover the bowling ball in the same position! Both balls will be moving at the same speed when they hit the hand...so what's the big deal! [Of course I never dropped the bowling ball...well not on their hands anyway.]

This one I like a lot!

Stefan Jeglinski