Re: [Phys-L] vector concepts and notation

On 2016, May 09, , at 12:22, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

I prefer to let plain old g represent a vector. In the rare
cases where I want the magnitude of g, I write |g| explicitly.

Times have changed. I was taught to use a single barb arrow over the letter. W/O it it’s a scalar. Now command b is much easier than an arrow and sl. easier than pipe letter pipe (otherwise a vector).

bc is reminded that was >60 years ago.