Re: [Phys-L] LC circuit simulation

On 2014, Aug 06, , at 20:56, Diego Saravia <dsa@unsa.edu.ar> wrote:

Returning to the original (DS) enquiry, Eisberg and Lerner consume over 50
pp. on RC, LC, and RLC circuitry. Numerically and analytically.

are you speaking about;

Physics: Foundations and Applications
Eisberg, Robert M., Lerner, Lawrence S.
Editorial: McGraw-Hill Inc.,US, 1981

?
I will try to find/buy one

Yes! Very inexpensive from Amazon, but the cover is diff from mine.
very heavy and thick, so has two v. version.

The
Crummer discussed recently (PHYS-L).

I was searching in Phys-L archives and don't find any reference to
crummer (only in 1989)

That’s because simple computer searches are very picayune. Some (e.g. google) would ask, Do you mean Cromer? I hired Crummer (lower div. mgr.) retired to France (fortunate him.)

In a long run the current goes to 0 and half the energy is loss. That
kind of simulations do not "conserve energy”.

What?!

if you simulate an LC circuit in sceptre it will eventually stop.

I revealed my ignorance. Must read carefully the further discussion.

I compared the Crummer and JD’s over 50 cycles (harmonic oscillator) and
found little (none, IIRC). There are other AJP articles including one
that has a simple “time saver”. It finds the speed to adjust the step
size, thus improving efficacy (time and accuracy function)

do you have a reference for that article?

I’ll put in my site all my references to simulations. [later]

This may be it: one of 22 [later] so may not be the one of which I think.

AJP V. 59 no. 8 Aug. 1991 p.759

note most of the articles reference many others (hence my ~ 22.).

**** e.g. Eric Ayers at Chico State; IIRC, is writing the text for his
class.

It seems that his server have an error, I wrote him.

Thanks a lot!