Re: [Phys-L] positive sign in Ohm's law ... or not

On 04/03/2014 03:52 PM, Rauber, Joel wrote:
I'd be curious for you to expand on your very last statement.

I assume that refers to:

BTW, putting absolute value bars around one side or
the other in Ohm's law is *not* an acceptable arrangement.

Here's why this is not acceptable: The equations with
absolute value bars describe relationships that are
wildly different from the real Ohm's law, as illustrated
here:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/ohms-law.htm

Believe it or not, I've seen absolute value bars used in
this way.