Re: [Phys-L] Lenz's law and conservation of energy

I've wondered about induction cooking ever since a student asked me about
it in class a few weeks ago. So the pans are made of special materials
that heat up, but the stovetop does not?

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:

In a broader context, also consider the growing use of "induction
cooking",
which specifies the use of ferromagnetic cooking utensils in an
oscillating
magnetic field. I have purchased such a system and am completely sold.
no longer use any gas or Ohmic electrical cooking methods. ==>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_cooking

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
treborsci@verizon.net