Re: [Phys-L] definition of "power"

On 12/01/2014 01:23 PM, Richard Tarara wrote:

Really, you need to be careful in every instance to be very clear.

1) That's excellent advice.

Different people define power differently. This horse escaped
from the barn a long time ago. For the foreseeable future, the
R.T. approach seems like the only game in town.

I've been known to use long-winded expressions such as "F dot v
mechanical power" and "I dot V electrical power".