Re: [Phys-L] absolute "motion"

On 08/23/2013 06:09 AM, jbellina wrote:

jd did have a link to stellar aberration

I should have, but I didn't. I mentioned only parallax and rotation.
It was BC who introduced aberration into the discussion. Parallax
and aberration are very different things. The physics is different,
and the observed consequences are different in magnitude and phase.
BC's suggestion is better than mine, because parallax is a much
smaller effect. It is smaller by a factor of 20 for the nearest
stars, and verrry much smaller than that for distant stars.