Re: [Phys-L] [MARKETING] Re:[njaapt] [SPAM] Re: popcorn physics

Cool! Might be easier to just heat water in a microwave. Then, mcT = Pt
since "all" the energy is used to heat the water. cCan also do with a
small immersion heater to determine power, efficiency, etc. Of course, not
as exciting as eating popcorn!

"NJAAPT" <njaapt@mail.aapt.org> writes:
Hey Anthony,
An energy activity that I've been dying to try with popcorn is to
get a microwave in class, determine the power output (based on microwave
wattage & power level), then time how long it takes to pop the bag.
Students can determine how much energy was used to pop the popcorn, then
calculate the cost based on local energy rates. Best of all, the students
get to eat the activity afterwards. I figured I would share the idea.

Sincerely,
Justin Son
Teacher of Physics- Marlboro High School
json@frhsd.com
732-617-8393 x6140