Re: [Phys-L] science +- politics +- religious denominations (plural)

And TX is definitely a red state both in national and state politics. The
governor even claimed ID or was it creationism is taught in public schools.

As to the 10,000 years, I think that is used as a close enough figure to the
canonical 6000 years. The Gallup poll said within 10,000 years.

Well education has failed when it comes to science!

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

"And of course we know
that Republicans are more often anti-science than Democrats,"
- John Clement

However, A new University of Texas/Texas Tribune survey shows
a large number of Texans polled said they still don't believe
in evolution and are convinced that humans and dinosaurs co-existed:
- 51 percent disagree with the statement, "Human beings, as
we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals."
- 38 percent agree with the statement, "God created human
beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago."
- 30 percent agree with the statement, "Humans and dinosaurs
lived at the same time." Another 30 percent said they "don't
know" whether the statement is true.

Since we are arguing by statistics - are we to assume that
John Clement (Houston, TX) is probably a closet Republican?

Bob at PC