Re: [Phys-L] Conservapedia (was HD 140283)

Not "cherry-picking" anything... most of the fundamentalists believe in the 6000 years. You should have mentioned that because the 6000 year old universe is far more prevalent than the 10,000 year old human creation.
These illiterate people believe whatever their preachers and haridi Rabbis say. And many teenagers I work with have the educationof my 4 yar old granddaughter. (Well, maybe the equivalent of a 10 year old.) If the survey had said "Were humans created 1000,000 years ago" they probably would have said yes. This country is so anti-education and there are so many of these fundamentalists running around and voting it is downright scary for our future. They are confronting this in Israel and it is becoming a critical problem there.