Re: [Phys-L] science +- politics +- religious denominations (plural)

38% agree that humans in their present form were "created" 10,000 years ago. But, the world was 'created 6000 years ago! That means 38& of Texans are not true Christians! For shame!
30% say The Flintstones was a documentary. I read once that if you ask these people why God didn't save the dinosaurs on the ark with the other animals a good proportion of them say that Noah didn't have enough room (and some said the dinosaurs missed their chance (what? they didn't have their boarding passes? the TSA stopped and frisked them for deadly weapons?) and another proportion actually say that dinosaurs were the Devil's creatures so God destroyed them along with almost everything else on earth in the flood.

It's good that medicine has gone beyond this nonsense otherwise we would still be leeching people and bloodletting would be an accepted form of treatment.