Lab Coordinator
Physics Department
Indiana University

On Mar 12, 2013, at 12:00 PM, phys-l-request@phys-l.org wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:09:07 -0400
From: "Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org>
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] Suggestions for audio speakers

I use an audio generator connected to a (Radio Shack) 8" speaker via a
(Radio Shack) mini amplifier.

Get several of these amplifiers as they are useful for other sound demos.

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:
Hi

I will be teaching a physics of sound class in the fall and I would like
to get a good set of speakers/monitors and amp system (has to be
portable). Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a CD that plays a
sine wave starting at about 20Hz and sweeps up to 20,000 Hz (I ask
students to raise their hands when they can't hear it anymore). I notice
the speakers I have don't respond until around 50 Hz - I can't hear
anything above about 10k Hz myself so I don't know if the speakers I have
go to 20 kHz or not.

Thanks
kyle