Re: [Phys-L] strange things in chem book

On 2012, Sep 17, , at 13:51, John Clement wrote:

While watching a new episode of Wallender on PBS I was struck by the use of
the word theory. One investigator asked another if they had a theory for
the crime. Now from the scientific usage he should have said hypothesis,
but this use of theory is deeply embedded into common language.

I would necessarily watch again (I record all the PBS mysteries.), but I think it might be the translation -- didn't the Latvian pose the question. I would check the credits for the writer(s). Supposedly the actors, Latvian, are speaking Latvian. Are the scenes in Riga? Is it mostly filmed In Sweden. I don't remember any in Stockholm, which I'd recognize.

bc agrees the point holds whatever the Latvians say.