Re: [Phys-L] [SPAM] Re: form of Newtons 2nd law

That is awfully cheap to sell your convictions. Of course you could always
say you will trade him. You will use his formulation of NTN2 if he uses
your rotational body terminology in the statics and dynamics courses. I am
sure he would not do it. Or better yet ask him to teach everything in SI
units.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

I like a = F/m for its more direct way for students to see
a proportional to F
a proportional to 1/m
however, F=ma is more convenient when dealing with typical
force problems in which there are multiple forces.
Ffriction + Fapply + Fcontact =ma
also, plotting F vs a gives you a nice linear graph.

And tell the engineering guy you will teach it as F=kma once
he gives you $50k.