Re: [Phys-L] [SPAM] Re: form of Newtons 2nd law

I like the a = F/m form since an acceleration results from a net force.
It's just easier to write F = ma (no fraction>) as N2L. Similarly, I write
(derive) Ohm's law as I = V/R -- a current results from a potential
difference. Again, it's easier to write V = IR. These two formulas are
very similar (a and I are the result of F and I, respectively).

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:
My favorite form of N2 goes something like:

F = delta p / delta t

This is closer to what Newton wrote (IIRC) and we've already covered
momentum and collisions before needing Force and acceleration.

I've had engineers insist that it should be presented as:

a = F/m

(Some Engineers are very good at insisting)