Re: [Phys-L] form of Newtons 2nd law

My favorite form of N2 goes something like:

F = delta p / delta t

This is closer to what Newton wrote (IIRC) and we've already covered momentum and collisions before needing Force and acceleration.

I've had engineers insist that it should be presented as:

a = F/m

(Some Engineers are very good at insisting)