Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

I support most of what MW has said in this thread, but I think this
particular statement might be slightly missing the point:

On 07/10/2012 11:45 AM, Marty Weiss wrote:
I repeat... if they get booted from the charter where do they go?

It hasn't been 100% explicitly stated, but I suspect that the specific
charter school Bob L. has been associated with is chartered by and
operated by the local school district.

On a nationwide basis, such arrangements are rare but not unheard-of.
I tend to lump such schools in with "magnet" schools. The legalities
and technicalities are different, but the result is similar.

Gee, I wonder: Is there any chance that anecdotes concerning a
non-profit chartered-by-the-district school might in some way be
not representative of for-profit charter schools operating in
direct competition with the district schools?

Gee, I wonder: Is there any chance that a chartered-by-the-district
school might have less incentive to boot out "trouble-prone" or
"expensive" students?