[Phys-l] Would this work, and even be useful? Was: Re: plastic lens scratch repair?

On 2011, Aug 30, , at 13:28, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Yes, if the "glue" were absent, then the multilayers would make a mirror.

A roll of v. transparent tape mfg'd so a thin layer of air between -- most rolls that I've handled are so.

Now if one squeezes, then would be transparent instead of mirror like, no?

I imagine it might be a microphone (a few layers.) using the sound pressure to make the contact, an analogy w/ a carbon granule microphone. [A light source and detector necessary, tho.]

bc purveyor of partly baked ideas.