Re: [Phys-l] Bye

On 2011, Aug 26, , at 07:31, John Clement wrote:

Actually the
comments about pipes bursting brings out the fact that people do stupid
things, and in classrooms students come up with what we think are stupid
ideas.

I think stupid, in some cases, is a sl. strong. For example I'd make that mistake on moving from idillic Salinas because > 95% of my life has been in a temperate clime. So I wouldn't kick my self for that mistake. Of course, if I'd been directly warned, that's another matter.

bc has been warned.

The subject:

I do think it's a matter of thin skin -- I was kicked off a list for telling the truth -- five years later my correct predictions about the reaction to 9/11 was obvious. I saw it as a blessing in disguise as I was relieved of:

[I pray the link "holds".]

http://www.cleyet.org/Someone_is_Wrong/Someone-is-Wrong.tiff