Re: [Phys-l] cooling hints

In regards to a/c cooling -- may have changed a bit but many, many years ago
when I was married to my son's father, he was an a/c repair person for part
of his working life. He would always tell me that and a/c can lower the
inside temp about 15 degrees and that is all. So, if it is 103 degrees out,
like we had this summer (NOT heat index, plain, ordinary pre-meteorologists
temperature), you will be lucky to have your house cool at 88 degrees. Of
course, a lot depends on insulation, sun through the windows, children/pets
running in and out, etc.
Holly Priestley